This isn't your average foamy pillow from the bottle shave cream. Go out of the norm, witrh this simple, homemade shaving cream featuring tamanu oil, cocoa butter and lavender essential oil.
2 teaspoons Aura Cacia Organic Tamanu Skin Care Oil
2 teaspoons Aura Cacia Organic Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Butter
2 teaspoons Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Skin Care Oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
75 drops Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil
1 1/2 cups distilled water
4 teaspoons castile soap
1/2 cup aloe vera gel or honey
1. In a double boiler, combine cocoa butter, sweet almond and tamanu oils. Heat until clarified, then pour into a large bowl and let cool.
2. In another pan, heat water. Add baking soda and soap, stirring until completely dissolved and blended. Add aloe vera gel or honey and stir until blended.
3. Pour soap mixture into bowl with oil mixture. Add essential oil. Using a hand mixer or immersion blender, mix in increments of two minutes until well blended.
4. To use, apply desired amount to damp skin and shave.
5. Store in an airtight container.