Whether you spent a little too much time wading in the sun, or you just love treating your skin to a somthing a litle extra, this DIY recipe is just what you need. Check out the recipe below to create this protecting body lotion featuring lavender and lemon eucalyptus essential oils.
1 cup Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Skin Care Oil 4 fl. oz.
75 drops Aura Cacia Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
75 drops Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
25 drops Aura Cacia Grapefruit Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
25 drops Aura Cacia Geranium Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
3/4 ounce beeswax
1 cup water
16-ounce resealable container
1/4 teaspoon sodium borate (Borax)
1. In a small pot over high heat, bring 3 to 4 cups water to a simmer.
2. In a measuring cup, combine sweet almond oil and beeswax, then place cup in the simmering water and heat until beeswax is melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a separate container, dissolve sodium borate in remaining 1 cup water and heat mixture until it reaches the same temperature as the sweet almond oil and beeswax liquid.
4. Pour sodium water into blender, turn on blender and add the sweet almond oil and beeswax mixture in a thin, steady stream. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of blender with a spatula if needed.
5. Using a spatula, transfer cream to container and add essential oils. Stir until well blended.
6. To use, apply to clean skin.
Test on a small area before general use, and do not use on broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.