These simple homemade cut-out ornaments are charmingly rustic and old-fashioned with a spicy, cinnamon leaf aroma.
1. In a large mixing bowl, measure and mix dry ingredients. Add water and oil gradually, stirring continuously until liquid is completely absorbed. Knead for a few minutes. Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
3. Roll dough flat on parchment paper to 1/4-inch thick. Cute with a cookie cutter or make your own designs with a small knife. Using straw, place a small hole in the top of each cut-out.
4. Place ornaments on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour.
5. Carefully remove baking sheet from oven, turn ornaments over and place back in oven. Bake for 1 more hour, or until ornaments are very firm, them remove and set aside to cool.
6. Thread with ribbons and hang on tree!
To renew the scent, just add a few drops of essential oil to the surface of the ornaments.