A simple melt and pour homemade soap recipe featuring with cacao nibs, vanilla bean, Aura Cacia Vanilla Precious Essentials® and sweet orange essential oil.
1/2 fluid ounce Aura Cacia Vanilla (in jojoba oil)
1/2 fluid ounce Aura Cacia Sweet Orange Essential Oil
2 1/2 pounds melt and pour soap base
2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs, chopped into fine granules
1 vanilla bean, chopped into fine granules
9-by-9 nonstick cake pan, greased with cooking oil
kitchen scale (ounces)
1. Line greased pan with wax paper, folding excess over rim and taping edges to sides or bottom of pan, then set aside.
2. In double boiler over simmering water, heat soap base on low until melted, then remove from heat.
3. Add cacao nibs and vanilla bean to pot. Stir until smooth, well combined and cool enough that a “trace” develops when you lift spoon and allow excess to run onto surface of mixture. Stir in essential oils.
4. Pour into pan and allow to set up.
5. When firm, turn soap out of pan and cut to size. Let sit for 3 days before using.