One of America's most popular pastimes has the potential to be quite hard on our bodies -- gardening. All that digging, raking, planting and trimming in the outdoor elements can take their toll. If we're not careful gardening can give us dry skin, soreness, sunburn, and wind damage for all our trouble creating beautiful landscape.
But gardening doesn't have to make us vulnerable if we exercise precautions before going out into the yard, and following gardening activities with some soothing body care ministrations afterwards. Consider adding some protective and restorative essential oil based personal care to your gardening routine. Gardener centered body care products are as essential as a good pair of gardening gloves and pruning shears. Protect yourself from the start and help your body recover and remain resilient after your time in the garden.
Protecting Gardening Precautions
Consider these tips to protect yourself from the elements and situations that you encounter working outside such as: wind, sun, cold and hot temperatures.
- Apply hand salve before you go out the door and into your garden. This will protect your hands and make clean up easier when your finished.
- Wear protective clothing. This includes gardening gloves, long sleeves and pants, a wide brimmed hat, sturdy shoes and comfortable pad for your knees.
- Finally, always apply a sunscreen lotion to any exposed skin.
Soothing Post-gardening Body Care Applications
When gardeners overdue it, a calming and soothing application of essential oil based body care after the work is done is the thing to do.
- Apply a hydrating and cooling aloe and water body mist.
- Use a soothing and penetrating peppermint and eucalyptus body balm.
- Soak in a relaxing, and calming mineral bath.
Help keep yourself resilient while gardening with nurturing, ongoing applications of supportive essential oil based body care products.
- Treat your body to a therapeutic aromatherapy massage.
- Apply moisturizing lotions and hydrating mists to skin on a regular basis.
- Incorporate a skin care oil into your regime via a bath oil or after shower body oil application.
- Use occasional exfoliating hand and body scrubs.